To help make transit more affordable for eligible residents, York Region is piloting the Transit Assistance Program (TAP) .
Eligible residents can purchase a TAP pass for half the cost of a YRT adult monthly pass. The TAP pass is valid for unlimited travel on YRT services for the calendar month.
Who can apply:
– York Region residents between the ages of 18 to 64 years old.
– Currently not receiving transit assistance through Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Programs.
– Agree to take part in surveys to evaluate the pilot
– Have income at or below the limits listed for Family Size and income limit:
1 person – $29,672
2 persons – $41,964
3 persons – $51,394
4 persons – $59,345
5 persons – $66,349
6 persons – $72,682
7 persons – $78,506
When to apply:
New applications will be accepted by telephone. There are a limited number of passes available. The pilot program runs until December 2019.
Please note that if you are currently participating in the 2018 pilot program, you must reapply to continue participating until December 2019. Information on how to reapply will be sent to you at the email address you provided upon initial registration. For questions on how to reapply, please contact Access York.
How to apply:
Call Access York at 1-877-464-9675 (Open Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
TTY: 1-866-512-6228 or 905-895-4293 (for the deaf, deafened or hard-of-hearing)
Applicants 18 to 64 years old must apply on their own. Couples residing together must apply as a family. Couples or single persons who are the parent or guardian of children under the age of 18 years old would apply as a family.
Please have the following documents ready when you call:
- 2017 Notice of Assessment (NOA)
- Your most recent Canada Child Benefit Statement (CCB) (if you have children under the age of 18 living with you)
- Proof of current York Region residence (e.g. utility bill, drivers licence)
For more information visit YRT.ca/tap